This year 5th grade students throughout the Fountain Valley School District will be taking the California Healthy Kids Survey. The California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) is the largest statewide survey of resiliency, protective factors, risk behaviors, and school climate in the nation. Across California, the CHKS has led to a better understanding of the relationship between students’ health behaviors and academic performance, and is frequently cited by state policymakers and the media as a critical component of school improvement efforts to help guide the development of more effective health, prevention, and youth development programs.
Link to CHKS ELEMENTARY SAMPLE SURVEY:
GATE Nominations for students in grades 3 through 7 are available in the school office October 30 – November 9, 2017. All applications are due by 4:00 pm on November 9, 2017. For more information on the Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program in the Fountain Valley School District please click on the image to the left to visit the GATE page.
MORNING DROP OFF PROCEDURE
The front of the school can get a bit hectic, especially in the mornings when dropping off students. We ask that all parents comply with the requests of the school personnel to ensure that everyone is safe and that the environment in front of the school is orderly during pick up and drop off times. The top priority is always the safety of our students. For this reason and in hopes to alleviate the morning congestion, we are introducing new Drop-off Procedures. Please remember, on campus supervision starts at 8am in the designated area for ALL students.
Please adhere to the following rules:
1. Do not leave your vehicle unattended in the drop off zone (yellow zones located at the sidewalk curb directly in front of the school).
2. Do not get out of your vehicle to assist unloading students.
3. When possible, pull all the way to the end of the loading zone to unload your children. This allows for the consistent flow of traffic during drop off times.
4. Do not enter the staff parking lot (lot in front of Kindergarten) to drop off students.
5. All students should exit your vehicle at the curb side not the street side. This will prevent any unforeseen accidents with oncoming traffic.
6. Parents are encouraged to park off campus if they wish to walk children onto campus.
7. Vehicles who continue to violate the drop off and pick up rules will have license plate numbers reported to the Huntington Beach Police Department for intervention.
8. Vehicles should never park in any portion of a red zone nor should they stop in the driveway entrances for the school parking lot.
I would like to invite you and your family to join us for the first ever NIGHT UNDER THE STARS event on Saturday, September 30, 2017, at Fountain Valley Sports Park! In partnership with Hyundai, the Night Under the Stars event will directly support our District's Literacy Program. All proceeds raised the night of September 30th will be used to purchase classroom libraries, benefiting the children in our District.
For years, Hyundai has been a terrific supporter of our schools, and we are thrilled to be able to continue our long-standing relationship. Please see the attached flyer for more information. Additional details can also be found at hyundaihopeonwheels.org.
Get a jump on school supplies for the coming year while everything is on sale. CHECK OUT GRADE LEVEL SUPPLY LISTS HERE