Welcome to the Newland Library!
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
8:40am to 1:40pm
Closed Monday and Friday
- Kindergartners, 1st and 2nd graders may check out 1 or 2 books, 3rd, 4th and 5th graders may check out 3.
- Library visits are every week. Books are due every week, unless students are renewing.
- There are no late fees. However, lost or damaged books must be replaced or paid for, so keeping your library books in the same safe, dry place is a money and time saver.
- Students with outstanding books or unpaid lost book fees will not be able to check out new books until the issue is resolved.
- Students may come return books or get new books outside of their class time with teacher permission or at recess any day the library is open.
We now have e-books available to check out. Simply go the www.gofollett.com and follow directions to Newland School.
- Students: log in using your school e-mail address as your user name (ex. Smith1@myfvsd.us)
- Your password is your school ID number with two zeros after it.
- You can read your checked out books offline by downloading the e-reader BryteWave K-12 App for all your devices.
- You can also access the library's collection and see what books you have checked out.
Need help deciding what to read? Check out some of these sites for lists and reviews.
This is a great website where you can read book reviews written by students all over the country! You can also write and submit your own book review. It's a fun way to see what other kids are reading and enjoying.
Books for guys.
Huntington Beach Public Library
The HBPL has a great young adult section and reading programs for teens. Check it out!
A place for kids to find information about their favorite books, series, and authors. It also includes reviews of new titles, interviews with authors, trivia games, word scrambles and contests.
If you have any questions or concerns please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org